Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
earrings with any purchase over $15 (excluding the cost of shipping) from my LeatherwoodDesigns Etsy shop. To qualify, just enter "Weekend Deals!" in the notes to seller during checkout. This offer will only last through Sunday, September 20.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
With everything going on lately and trying to prepare my Etsy shop (Leatherwood Designs) for the up coming holidays (yes, I've already started thinking about the holidays - crazy!), I have been wondering - what are my goals, what am I trying to accomplish? So, I embarked on a mission to do some soul searching and realistic goal setting.
Goal setting can be incredibly motivating. The process of setting goals helps you choose where you want to go in life. By knowing precisely what you want to achieve, goals can keep you focused on a purpose, and help you spot the distractions that would otherwise lure you from your path. By setting clearly defined goals, you can measure your success and boost your confidence as you recognize your ability to achieve your goals.
Tips for creating goals -
1. Write it Down - The simple act of writing your goals down on paper will bring them one step closer to reality. Writing a goal down will make it more substantial and significant.
2. Identify Obstacles – Create a list of obstacles and limitations, analyze them and develop a strategy to overcome them! Treat these obstacles like roadblocks and map out a strategy to get around them.
3. Set a Deadline – Establish a reasonable time frame to accomplishment the goal and plan for unexpected delays. (This prevents disappointment and discouragement through missing the deadline.)
4. Measure Success - Doing so will help to keep you motivated to achieve your goals as you see real achievements taking place.
5. Be Persistent! – Never, never, never give up.
So, I'm off to put my goals down on paper!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Collect Favorite Quotations -
A good quotation can be a powerful thing! When you come across a quotation that motivates you to achieve your goals, don't let it pass you by! Write it down, save it on your computer, or do whatever works for you to keep a collection of motivational quotations close at hand.
And Finally, Dare.”