Monday, August 24, 2009

Motivation Monday - Start With the Basics


“Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work.” CHUCK CLOSE – painter; photographer; printmaker

As a part-time entrepreneurial crafter, I occasionally I find myself simply lacking the motivation or inspiration to create. When faced with this situation during my designated crafting time, I head off to the studio and start working on something anyway. I might start by organizing supplies, then doing piece work that doesn’t require much inspiration (like sawing blanks or drilling holes) concentrating on the rhythm of the work. These tasks all have a great impact on the end result of the final piece, but don’t require a great deal of inspiration. I begin by working on these mechanical tasks and gradually find a rhythm and flow of ideas and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails