Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Designs for Spring

Spring is the time for new growth. With spring just around the corner, I am feeling the need for fresh creations with a different style. So, I have been trying more designs that are new to me.

Muscadine Earrings - These little beauties feature tiny faceted Amethyst rondelles. These stones are absolutely beautiful, but because they are so small it can be difficult to really feature them well in many designs. So, I decided to wire wrap these tiny beauties inside of sterling silver ovals.

A stack of faceted Amethyst rondelles are captured in an sterling silver oval for these handmade earrings
Sprout Earrings - I used the hand coiled wire wrapping technique for these amazing lime green Hydro Quartz briolettes. I love this hand coiled wire wrapping technique, but getting everything even can prove difficult and time consuming, not to mention finger numbing.

Hand crafted earrings featuring lime green Hydro Quartz briolettes wire wrapped with oxidized sterling silver

Cloudland Earrings - I also used the hand coiled wire wrapping technique for these lovely sky blue Amazonite rounds. I like the extra texture and contrast that the hand coiled bail of oxidized sterling silver adds to these earrings.

Hand crafted earrings featuring faceted Amazonite rounds with hand coiled bails of oxidized sterling silver

I Made It Blog Party


Creations by Kara


4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails